Students Should Bring:
- Drawing pencils: 2B, 4B
- Long handled hogs hair brushes: #6, #8, #10
- Stretched canvases: 8”x10”, 10”x12”, or 8”x8”, 10”x10” (Dollar Store is fine) you will need quite a few, at least two/day.
- Oil paint: Ultramarine Blue, Cerulean Blue, Cad.Yellow light, Cad Yellow medium, Cad. Red medium, Alizarin Crimson or Napthol Crimson, Titanium White
- Boiled Linseed Oil (Canadian Tire or Gow’s Home Hardware carry this)
- Odourless thinner (Gow’s Home Hardware in Bridgewater carries this)
- 2 glass jars for oil and thinner
- Palette knife and disposable paper palettes (or a glass palette if you have one)
- Cotton rags (old T-shirts are best)
- Backpack (for excursions)
- Sun protection (large brimmed hat and sunscreen)
About Heather Sayeau:
Heather Sayeau received her BFA and BEd from NSCAD University in Halifax in 1981, and taught Fine and Media Arts at NSCAD alongside her practice for thirty years. Sayeau is an oil painter with a focus on landscape, still life, and the figure. She has participated in solo and group exhibitions since 1982 and her work appears in public and private collections across Canada and abroad.
“I am a painter. Painting is what I do and what I long to do when I am not painting… Teaching is the wonderful offspring of painting; sharing my experiences, challenges, successes, and defeats with people. Learning the ‘toolbox’ of techniques opens the door to oneself and I am always delighted to watch students grow a new facet of their creative self. I have had the privilege to instruct students of all ages. I like to work with each student individually — helping them hone each one’s unique expression.”